As our May meeting fell on Memorial Day weekend, we watched Doctor Who stories which featured soldiers. Instead of having a trivia contest, we chose to create one (below), inspired by our viewing theme. Test your knowledge of Doctor Who, then email your answers to email@example.com. Six or more correct answers will win you a free emailed issue of our club newsletter, The Gallifrey Guardian. Winners can also pick an item from our trivia prize selection if they come to the June Anniversary Party (details on our website and Facebook page). Here’s a sampling of a few of our prize offerings, all genre, but not necessarily Doctor Who:
We also have six different character posters from The Crimes of Grindelwald (thanks to Bamf! Comics on Free Comic Book Day). Answers will be posted on the Answer Page of this blog in three weeks; be sure to submit your response before June 19 to be eligible for the newsletter and a prize.
May 2019 Trivia Contest
1. Thirteen zones are shown on the map in The War Games. Name two of them.
2. In Day of the Daleks, what term did The Doctor use to describe The Controller?
3. In Paradise Towers, why was the building mostly abandoned?
4. Name the episode in which a villain postpones their planned attack due to the discovery of a war memorial.
5. Name the villain referred to in Question #4, and the Earthling who took part in the ceremony.
6. In World War III, what was the password Mickey used to get into the UNIT website?
7. In The Doctor’s Daughter, why does Jenny say (over his objections) that her Dad is “such a soldier”?
8. In what episode did Danny Pink and The Doctor accuse each other of being, respectively, a mindless soldier and a heartless general?
9. Name at least one episode in which The Doctor is on a UNIT plane just before it crashes.
10. Name the episode in which The Doctor attempted to call UNIT, but they were ‘unavailable.’
What is the name of the ‘episode’ in which The Doctor chose to regenerate as a warrior?